Protective Coatings and Fireproofing
For years, Blastco has gained credibility through its strong presence in the refinery industry as a new and maintenance field abrasive blaster and applicator of protective coatings. And just recently, Blastco became the first coatings contractor in the country to pass the NIICAP (NACE International Institute Contractor Accreditation Program) Audit making them the only contractor to have both the NACE and SSPC accreditations.
Blastco's history for high performance coatings began with field applications for aboveground water storage tanks. After years of quality service, Blastco expanded into other more complex fabrications and coating systems such as petro chemical tanks, bridges and high temperature furnace units.
For example, the Mojave Desert in California is now being converted from unusable space to a wealth of naturally restoring energy. Hundreds of solar panels are resting on structural steel frames in the desert. Part of the process includes pipes that carry water that is heated with the harvested solar energy and transport it where needed. The structural steel frames and pipes have been sandblasted and painted, in the field, by Blastco with a high performance protective coating that will last for decades to come – estimated to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by more than 400,000 tons per year.
Regardless of the type or scale of the project, Blastco is self-sufficient for all aspects of new, maintenance and repair work for field surface preparation and coatings & linings applications.
Why employ Blastco
- NACE certified coating inspectors
- Personnel and facility to complete any size project
- Shop and field work capability; ability to mobilize anywhere
- NIICAP Accredited #001 (NACE International Institute Contractor Accreditation Program)
- QP-1 & QP-2 certified contractor licensed in CA, TX, NV,HI, LA, AL & AZ
- General Contractors & Asbestos licensed for California (CA#767974)
- Certified members of SSPC and AWWA
- Impeccable safety records
- In-field lead abatement/removal capabilities
- Petroleum Refining
- Water & Wastewater
- Chemical Processing
- Alternative Fuels
- Industrial Manufacturing
Download Blastco NIICAP accreditation certificate